To receive a copy of a transcript from a postsecondary institution that is closed, please click the following link:
https://www.accs.edu/about-accs/private-school-licensure/closed-school-transcript/ .

For information about closed high schools, please refer to the information posted on the Alabama State Department of Education website: https://www.alabamaachieves.org/knowledge-base/homeschool-faqs/

This site outlines the qualifications for designation as a resident student in Alabama. Please see Title 16, Chapter 64.

Code of Alabama Title 16, Chapter 64


Pre-1995 Student Loan Inquiries Citing the Alabama Commission on Higher Education (ACHE) or the Alabama Guaranteed Student Loan Program (AGSLP) as the Lender.

In 1995, the United States Department of Education (USDE) designated another entity to be the official guarantee agency for Alabama institutions participating in the Federal Family Educational Loan Program. If you need information about a loan from that era and the Alabama Commission on Higher Education (ACHE) / Alabama Guaranteed Student Loan Program (AGSLP) is identified as the lender, you need to contact a company named NELNET concerning the status of your loan. You can reach their call center at 1-888-486-4722. The call center is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You may also visit their website at: http://www.nelnet.com/welcome.

Please do not contact ACHE concerning these student loans. ACHE has no legal standing to take any actions concerning these loans. Also, we will be unable to assist you with any inquiries. Since ACHE is no longer designated as a lender by the USDE, we have been denied access to the electronic federal student loan databases.

Post 1995 Student Loan Recipients

All borrowers may access their student loan information through the internet or by telephone. The Alabama Commission on Higher Education cannot access your loan records. To access your records, please follow the directions below.


The web address for students to obtain their loan information from the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is: https://nsldsfap.ed.gov/login.

The site will ask for personal data including a Department of Education Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID. If you don’t have this number, or don’t remember it, you should go to: https://studentaid.gov.


For telephone numbers for various types of loan transactions, including loan repayment and forgiveness, go to: https://studentaid.gov.

To get help with a response you received about a student financial aid dispute call the Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Group at: 1-877-557-2575

The STARS System allows public two-year students in Alabama to obtain a Transfer Guide/Agreement for the major of their choice. This guide/agreement, if used correctly, guides the student through their first two years of coursework and prevents loss of credit hours upon transfer to the appropriate public four-year university in Alabama.

Articulation and General Studies / Statewide Transfer and Articulation Reporting System (STARS)

Useful Links

Additional Questions

Please submit your additional questions below and we will get back to you soon.
Skip to content