Public Records Request
The request form found here is to be completed for each request made. All requests should be described in detail, the information being sought, including the date and/or time. Only requests made by Alabama residents are accepted.
ACHE will devote as much of its resources to addressing public records requests as possible without interfering with the fulfillment of the normal job duties of its personnel.
Other data readily available may be found on the ACHE website as follows:
Responses: ACHE will acknowledge requests within two business days of receiving the request and will provide a substantive response, fulfilling or denying (see exemptions outlined below) the request, within 15 business days of acknowledging receipt. If the request is time-extensive, the agency may extend the response period in 15-business-day increments upon notifying the requester.
Documents: When possible, all documents will be provided in electronic/digital form.
Exemptions: State law provides that some information may be exempted from production in the event its disclosure would be detrimental to the best interests of the public or such records are protected from disclosure by other state and federal laws, including the Family Educational Rights and Privacy (FERPA) law.
Costs: ACHE, in accordance with the Executive Order 734, will impose a reasonable fee to process public records requests according to the executive order’s allowances. A detailed description of costs will be provided, and those costs must be paid before the agency will expend resources to obtain the requested information.
- Fees to be applied for locating, retrieving, and preparing records for production of public records requests are as follows:
* Standard Requests: A response fee of $20 will be charged.
* Time-Intensive Requests: A response fee of $20 plus $20 per hour will be charged.
* Copying Records: A fee of $0.50 per page (8.5 x 11) will be charged.
- For additional information, contact the ACHE Public Records Coordinator at email@example.com.